“The Monti is an extraordinary experience that goes beyond insightful storytellers and wonderful stories — but please don’t come, it is hard enough to get tickets as it is.”
The Monti is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that invites people from the community to tell personal stories without the use of notes. It’s just simple storytelling. Each month, events are held around the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area and as far away as Greensboro. Our Mission is to create community through the telling of stories. In April 2008, we debuted The Monti to a sold out crowd in Chapel Hill. We’ve been selling out shows ever since by inviting interesting people with amazing stories that amuse and compel. In March 2009, we launched an offshoot to The Monti called The Monti StorySLAM. This format, most similar to an Open Mic, invites people – anyone – to tell five-minute stories on a given theme of the night. Each night promises an unexpected and refreshing night of provocative entertainment.
The Monti Board of Directors
- Ed Boltz, Chair
- Noah Rosenblatt-Farrell
- Sarah Ford, Secretary
- Carter Kersh, Treasurer
- Jeff Polish, Executive Director
- Kristina Cusenza, Producer
- Katherine Dupree, Producer
- Michel Holbrook, Sound recordist & Mixer
- David Hill, Sound recordist & Mixer
There are a number of ways to contact The Monti:
- For general inquiries and questions please email Kristina Cusenza (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Katherine Dupree (email@example.com)
- To pitch a story idea, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are also free to call The Monti HotLine at (218) 666-8445.