“I love both The Monti and The Monti StorySLAM. When I want a guarantee of finely crafted narratives, I go to The Monti; when I want great stories that are raw and unexpected, I go to the SLAMs. They’re perfect complements!”
- The Monti
- September 22, 2018 at 8:00pm
- The Carolina Theatre of Durham
- Heroes & Villains
Not all heroes wear capes. Not all villains tie damsels to railroad tracks. Whatever form they come in, we’ve all had our share of heroes and villains in our lives: the rude neighbor whose dog leaves a mess on your perfectly-coiffed lawn; the kind stranger who pulls over in the middle of a hail storm to give your car a jump; the teacher who always believed in you; your mom.
Sometimes, the difference between your heroes and villains is as clear as night and day. In other situations, it isn’t so obvious who is who. Hear from five incredible storytellers as they share with you tales of the lionheart warrior, the menacing malefactor, and the intersecting worlds these classic archetypes create.
On Saturday, September 22nd, in conjunction with our partners at The Carolina Theatre of Durham, The Monti presents our Season Opener, Heroes and Villains, a special event showcasing The Monti curated series’ new home venue. Tickets are on sale now.
BUYING TICKETS FOR THIS EVENT:
Our base ticket price for this event is $22.
- Online: For every ticket, The Carolina Theatre of Durham will add $2 restoration fees for improvements and repairs to the theatre. Ticketmaster will then add their own ticketing fee of up to $9 per ticket. NC adds 7.5% entertainment tax. Translation: a $22 ticket will end up costing ~$34.
- Phone: If you call The Carolina Theatre to purchase tickets, there will be the $2 restoration fee plus a $4 service charge plus tax. To purchase tickets by phone, 919 560-3030.
- In-person: The only fees that will be placed on top of our base ticket price will be the $2 restoration fee plus tax. The box office is open from 11am-6pm Monday through Friday and an hour prior to showtime on the day of our show.
We strongly recommend purchasing tickets IN ADVANCE in-person or by phone. This show is GENERAL ADMISSION